I miss my D500

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ShutterDude Regular Member • Posts: 371
I miss my D500

No, it's not what you think......I didn't get rid of the D500, but have taken on a detour by going mirrorless, and I must say that I do miss shooting and holding a DSLR especially the D500!

The mirrorless body is definitely light and small, so there is no argument there in terms of travel and portability; however, my challenges were getting used to the Electronic View Finder, the smallness of the body and lenses seem like I was holding a toy, the sub par AF compared to the D500,  the ISO noise, the FPS count, loss of camera settings,  and the overall feeling that I didn't have the photographic power of the D500 made things feel just weird and sort of takes the enthusiasm away...a bit challenge to truly explain it.

It's not the tool that makes the photographer, I know, but I believe after this experience it does in some way has some affect.  Just my thoughts.

Will I continue to use the mirrorless - yes, and it can deliver fine photos and the convenience when travelling.  Each camera body/type will serves a different purpose, but my preference will be to use the D500 when I can.  Holding such power of a machine provides me more assurance that I won't miss a photographic opportunity.

Cheers

Nikon D500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow