Hahnel Captur for the EM-1 Mk II

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Shipbuilder New Member • Posts: 3
Hahnel Captur for the EM-1 Mk II

Having decided that the OI Share phone app for shutter release was all too fiddly, I decided to purchase the Hahnel Captur product for the EM-1 MkII, despite various comments here and elsewhere about difficulties with cables and function. After two weeks of back and forth with both the US distributor and Hahnel corporate, I am pleased to say it is working fine and is a great, well-built product that functions perfectly with the EM-1 MkII, whether single shot, bracketing, etc. I have not yet tried it for remote flash activation ...

The secret lies in having a connection cable for the receiver (unit that mounts to the camera) that has:

1) a 2.5mm male plug with TWO black bars on one end - this goes into the camera on the upper right front of the body, just above the card slot; and,

2) a 2.5mm male plug with THREE black bands on the other end - this plugs into the side of the Hahnel receiver.

Such a cable was not amongst the three provided when I received the unit.

I apologize for the lack of sophistication in terminology above, but its the best I can do. Nowhere on the web was I able to find this. In fact, some instructions actually show the cord going into the lower right side of the body, where the USB and HTMI connectors are located. The Olympus manual even shows two connection points as item #25 (talk about setting up confusion).

Hahnel and their distributor are both now aware of the issue and I have suggested that they add notices wherever they deem appropriate so that other users don't have to go on an expedition. Its too fine a product not to make it easier for customers to deploy.

Hoep this helps ...

Shipbuilder

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow