G1 X Mk I woes...

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Brian Davies
Brian Davies Regular Member • Posts: 202
G1 X Mk I woes...

I bought this camera for a project soon after it was released. I used it for a short while then moved on to other cameras.

At the time I noticed how poor close-focus was on the G1 X but was OK if I remembered to hit Macro. The picture quality was pretty good I remember. I have now a use once again for this sort of camera and dusted it off. The built-in flash doesn't pop up fully now but will work if pulled up fully and held in place, The shutter often has an inexplicable delay in firing which isn't consistent, sometimes it is OK. Write speed to modern SD cards seems dreadfully slow and leads to unacceptably long delays firing again. ISO performance isn't too bad for it's era I suppose and I have a small Sunpack flash when I need light. I can't see there has been any firmware update since inception. The image quality is still generally good. I can do without the pop-up flash.
I'd like to use this camera if possible so does anyone have any tips for the shutter firing problem and the write speed before I am forced to junk this thing and check out an RX100V?

-- hide signature --

Best wishes
Brian
www.ello.co/rafikiphoto

Brian Davies's gear list:Brian Davies's gear list
Leica M-Monochrom Leica M Typ 240 Canon EOS 5DS R Leica SL (Typ 601) Canon EOS 5D Mark IV +1 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon PowerShot G1 X
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow