Which is a better travel camera: D5300 or D3400?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
peeyaj New Member • Posts: 8
Which is a better travel camera: D5300 or D3400?

Help a fellow member out.

I will be traveling solo to South Korea next week. I like taking photos of my travels,  however I have a smartphone whose camera suck (it's a Xiaomi)  Fortunately, I have colleagues who were willing to lend me their cameras: the D5300 and D3400 (both kit lenses) . I am in dilemma which camera to  choose.

Here's my circumstances:

1. I like traveling light and I don't have a check-in baggage. So, I would prefer a lighter and smaller camera to lug around.

2. I want to instantly share my pictures in Facebook.. It seems that the wi-fi connection on D5300 would be much faster but Snapbridge with Bluetooth LE would be more long-lasting and can be connected all the time.

3. I like taking pictures of myself (selfie-addict) and the tilting screen of D5300 would be a great help. I like taking landscapes and food, too.

I am torn between the lighter and more connected D3400 and selfie-centric features of D5300. What do you recommend for a fellow like me?

Nikon D3 Nikon D3400 Nikon D5 Nikon D5300
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow