First impressions of the 12-100mm after a few hours

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
K1W1 55
K1W1 55 Contributing Member • Posts: 528
First impressions of the 12-100mm after a few hours

After waiting impatiently with bated breath for 18 days my latest acquisition has finally turned up. A major investment for me really seeing as the best price I could find including shipping was $NZ1900 all up which actually was a reasonable price seeing as how they go for as much as $2200 here.

So had to go for a wee walk in a local park after work tonight just to have a play, didn't get away from work until after 6pm and was cloudy so light was diffused & basically running out and even so I am very impressed with the resolving power & contrast and rendering of colours - took nothing fancy but very pleased and happy with the results obtained & looking forward to a play in some more interesting light and subjects.

It balances very nicely on the EM 1.1 in fact I was carrying it just resting upon my finger tips on the grip ledge not holding the camera at all whilst walking around the park and felt very comfortable and confident carrying it that way  - I do however use a Peak Design wrist strap so even if I dropped it it was not going anywhere Doesn't feel particularly heavy to carry and fits into my quite tiny Think Tank Mirrorless Mover 20 perfectly with the hood in the taking position so I am very happy about that as I like to wander about with my E5 on the BlackRapid Yeti with 50-200 SWD and a mirrorless on the left just sitting in the Think Tank where I also carry spare batteries, cleaning cloths, caps etc so with the 12-100mm on the EM1 then I am covered for most subjects. Or if I am only somewhere I will not need a long lens I can now just wander about with the EM1 & 12-100 sitting in the rather tiny Think Tank in the hood on taking position ready for instant action.

-- hide signature --

Mandatory self advertising signature follows:
Some slideshows & videos of a wee bit of my work, more to be added
if I ever sort out my music rights issues & find some suitable music.
http://www.youtube.com/user/truder55/videos

K1W1 55's gear list:K1W1 55's gear list
Sony RX100 Olympus E-1 Olympus E-3 Olympus E-510 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 +30 more
Olympus E-5 Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow