Companion to my new 80D

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
rwingsfan Regular Member • Posts: 199
Companion to my new 80D

After being with Nikon for a number of years a theft put me in a position to change systems. Quite honestly I should have done it long ago as just the way dials are placed makes me appreciate Canon bodies, but I digress. As it were I am very used to having two bodies, one with a longish telephoto and the other with a wide or general purpose lens. Trying to decide what second body to go with. This body will be more general, family, landscape, travel, everything but wildlife which the 80D will handle and BTW which I am loving. Anyway I don't have a huge budget for #2 but have kind of narrowed down to a T6s or a 5D classic. I do have a couple of EF lenses so FF works for me. I had D750's with Nikon so know what FF brings to the table. I know the 5D is very old but since I can't quite stretch to a 6D do y'all think that is a decent pair or should I just go for the T6S which is much closer to my 80D? BTW I had some trouble deciding between the 80D and the D7mkII but the flip screen was to appealing for me as I shoot our show poultry and because of health reasons cannot lay on the ground to get shots at their level. My budget is around $500-600 for a second hand body. Thoughts?

Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 80D Canon EOS Rebel T6s (EOS 760D / EOS 8000D)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow