gear for documenting gym/workout?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
patdinco
patdinco Regular Member • Posts: 122
gear for documenting gym/workout?

so I got booked to do  3 month project where I'll be documenting gym/workouts of

some trainers demonstrating their workout program. 2 videos a week over 3 months. 5-8 minutes each vid. gym lighting is well lit across the whole floor. client wants a vlog vibe to the content with some cinematics.

Recently, my a7ii got stolen...bummer. so looks like I'm investing in a new cam.

the a7 and a9 series is out of question due to budget constraints. decided to give the a6000's a shot.

I'm probably gonna lean with a6300 cause of budget and use savings for lens.

10-18 is for sure for that wide vlog look. I have an audio setup already so I'm fine there.

However, I am not sure what lens to go with afterwards. I'm looking to spend between

600-$800 at most, not much to work with but a start. was thinking sigma 30 1.4 but the sony 35 1,8 has oss. or are there other options/setups you guys recommend?

thanks

patdinco's gear list:patdinco's gear list
Canon EOS 700D Sony Alpha a7 II Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Sony FE 28-70mm F3.5-5.6 OSS +1 more
Sony a6300 Sony a9 Sony Alpha a7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow