A few D850 + Tamron 150-600 images

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Kevin G. Veteran Member • Posts: 3,208
A few D850 + Tamron 150-600 images

Hello,

Just got my D850 delivered last night.  Spent about an hour replicating my settings from my D500.  I may need to make a few adjustments though.  Below are a few images from this morning trying things out with birds.   One thing I noticed that even though I used the same settings as my D500, focus did not stay locked on the D850 as well - I made an adjustment to the a3 setting from "2" to "4" and this seemed to help!

Anyway, these are with the first gen Tamron, all handheld.  The files were easy to process in LR6  I think.  I did not push the ISO to extremes or anything, I really just shot how I usually shoot with manual settings, but I thought the noise was definitely cleaner than the D500.

The first image only is full sized (about 7100 by 4700 pixels) but the rest have been reduced to 1600 on the long side.

I'm getting the 24-120mm lens today so I hope to try out a few ocean sunrises tomorrow.

Thanks for looking!

Regards,

Kevin

Nikon D500 Nikon D850
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow