Unhappy with old 30D, switch to ML

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
EnricoBogetto New Member • Posts: 4
Unhappy with old 30D, switch to ML

Hi everybody.

I had issue with my actual gear in indoor family/toddler shoots.

in 2008 I've bought Canon 30D + EF-S 10-22 and EF 28-135 for shooting local motorsports (Local rally, so i can get closer to track so longer telephoto didnt't suit my needs). Everything was fine and I was happy with that.

Time flows and these days I left motorsports to stay with my family and my kids, and I would like to photographs some moments...first steps..xmas ecc.

Actually my gear for these new situation is not so good. so i started to get some Primes: 50 1.8 but on APS-C i too long for in-home shoots, then the old 35mm f2 but AF is veeeeery slow and hunts a long to get right focus in low light.

When canon presented the 24 STM i bought it immediatly but maybe the STM is not a big deal with and old Camera body.

I algo get Speedlight (430exIII) but sometimes I can't use It because i don't want to roin the atmosphere.

Also in outdoor trips the 30D became uncomfortable to carry with 2 kids. so I want to swap to mirrorless but I'm a bit confused.

I need a faster-than-old-30D in low light, tiltable screen, and good quality at high iso, and video (not necessary 4k).

Is better to save my gear and get a canon M6 (and lens adapter) or trow everything away and go for PanasonicG85/G80?

Canon EOS 30D Canon EOS M6 Panasonic G85
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow