I Won my First DPR Challenge............................

Started 1 month ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Phocal
Phocal Senior Member • Posts: 1,930
I Won my First DPR Challenge............................

I hardly enter them, mostly because I forget to look and see what is available and the ones I like are usually filled when I do look (have entered 11 of them).

But........................

When I saw the challenge for 'Animal Eye Reflection' I knew I had to enter. The problem was picking which one. My love of gators and photographing them up close has given me a large number of gator eye shots to pick from.

I took this photograph with my 50-200 SWD + EC-20 on my first adventure with this combo. I had set out to purposely test this combination in the field to see what it was actually capable of. My conclusion is when I needed the reach (I now have the 300/4 and TC I will probably never use this combo again) and could shoot at slower apertures (aka good light) it was easily capable of producing outstanding images.

Well..............................here is the winning image

50-200 SWD + EC-20 shot wide-open from a 3D printed skimmer pod. The photo has about a 400px crop to tighten up composition.

Phocal's gear list:Phocal's gear list
Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 150mm 1:2.0 Olympus M.Zuiko 300mm F4 IS Pro Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm 1:2.8 Pancake +5 more
Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow