Is it advisable to buy 5D Mark IV without warranty?

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
arunspike
arunspike New Member • Posts: 4
Is it advisable to buy 5D Mark IV without warranty?

Hi Experts,

I am bit confused in buying 5D m iv and I have 2 questions.

1. I am from India and looking to buy a 5D Mark IV body without a warranty(from Grey market). The reason to buy without a warranty is the less price which does not include the huge GST tax amount. Is it advisable? If the product is really robust and has a good software, do I really need to worry if the product has not got a warranty?

2. I checked the price in Saudi(as I have a close friend living there only for few months) and it is less than the price in India but the body comes with Saudi Warranty and not International Warranty. Is it OK if I go ahead with this option? I know that if there are any issues in the piece then I need to send it to the Saudi shop which takes effort and huge shipping expenditure. Is it worth taking the risk here?

On the whole, can I assume that the product will not have any issues at least for the first two years so that I don't need to worry about the absence of 2 years International Warranty?

Kindly show some light to get rid of my confusions.

Thanks

Arun

ANSWER:
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow