OMD EM1 mark II : blue screen break down

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Bernard Pirenne Regular Member • Posts: 373
OMD EM1 mark II : blue screen break down

Hi all,

Was doing lot of interior pictures in museum (ISO 800, F 2.8, around 1/20 1/30) no flash.
Suddently the back screen was uniformly blue (no indication) and I could not close the on off button : it had abslutely nor effect. I could not close the camera. The back scrren remained blue. Shutter button was not in use.  The camera looked completely dead exept that the screen was blue uniformely.

I put   on off on off.  Dismounted the zoom. Took the battery off the body.

Waited. Remount the battery and set the camera  on.

The light blue screen disappered and camera     could work again.

Nevertheless this is clear indication that there is a problem.

And the camera does not appear as reliable to me.  Olympus service is not   able to understand what happens and want to return the camera as is. I have asked them to replace the main circuit board which is probably faulty.

Question : have you experienced this blue screen and the complete blockage of the camera ?  Thank yoiu for feedback.

Bernard

Bernard Pirenne's gear list:Bernard Pirenne's gear list
Olympus Stylus 1s Olympus TG-5 Olympus E-M1 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm F1.8 Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 +2 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow