Best way of downsizing

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Holger Bargen Senior Member • Posts: 2,280
Best way of downsizing

Dear all,

I have a lot of photos developed from RAW in Lightroom at maximum resolution (which is a lot for my 36MP camera).

I know that the best way would have been to generate a smaller version right when I did the export from Lightroom - but I didn't and now I need a solution that works fast and good.

The programs I have are Paint Shop Pro 19 (last years version), Irfan View (which has a nice engine for downsizing - but I don't know if this is a little bit too much "rough and dirty", DxO10, Lightroom 5.7.1. I don't have Photoshop as this program is too expensive for me. Within the PSP19 there is an option to use a slim version of Athentech "Perfectly Clear" as plugIn.

Are there general rules for the workflow regarding the step of downsizing, sharpening and maybe even also softening as the problem often seem to be that the sharpness of the photos at 100% is very nice - but downsized they seem to be to much sharpened with strand effects on hair and other small structures.

Any help is welcome!

Best regards

Holger

Holger Bargen's gear list:Holger Bargen's gear list
Pentax K-5 Pentax K-S1 Pentax K-1 Pentax smc DA 55-300mm F4.0-5.8 ED Sigma 70mm F2.8 EX DG Macro +5 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow