Don't want to start a p*****g contest

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
sacentre Senior Member • Posts: 1,801
Don't want to start a p*****g contest

I've always been a Canon user and will probably continue what with my present collection of L lenses. That said, I went out with a friend of mine who's a keen birder yesterday. He was using a Sony Alpha 9 with a 100-400mm zoom. I had my old 5D2 with 100-400mm MkII zoom. I'm not a birder but went along for a day out.

I suppose Sony would always trade on it's long history with video cameras so the fact that the Alpha 9 can shoot an insane 20 fps for stills might not come as much of a surprise.  Have to say I was impressed at the fact that it can focus track at this rate of fire. If I was more interested in BIF or sports this would be a camera I would try out.  Is Canon getting left behind in the mirrorless market?

sacentre's gear list:sacentre's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM Canon EF 200mm f/2L IS USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM Canon MP-E 65mm f/2.5 1-5x Macro +4 more
Canon EOS 5D Mark II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow