Sony Picture Profiles: Effect or Preset

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Yak27 New Member • Posts: 8
Sony Picture Profiles: Effect or Preset

I recently upgraded to an a6300 primarily so that my videos are in UHD. Being that it has picture profile I expect I'll be using them a lot.

So I've been reading the picture profile documentation trying to hack out what everything does. It seems simple enough; there are the base gamma and color mode, and finetune controls for each. But also there are, what is known as "Picture Profile presets". There is a listing in the docs for what each one is for (PP1, PP2, etc.). It's organized in such a way that as you go farther it gets more advanced and more color grading is necessary.

So my question is this: Are these picture profile presets exactly that, presets, and giving PP3 the same settings as PP6 will result in the same performance; or are they specifically tuned to give results similar to as is stated in the documentation?

Yak27's gear list:Yak27's gear list
Sony a6000 Sony a6300
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Sony a6300
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow