Continuous LED lighting for product photography

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
edelitio New Member • Posts: 17
Continuous LED lighting for product photography

Hello everyone: I am doing product photography with a flotone/white background for an assortment of e-commerce platform based products, everything from clothing to artwork. I realize that CRI and TCRI are extremely important factors to consider when looking at LED's.

I have narrowed it down  to Aputure's line of products, which boost a very high CRI/TCRI for the given price point and we would be using this with a soft box..question is they offer the Lightstorm LS C120T at 3000k  for Tungsten or C120D for daylight at 6000k, any thoughts on which one would be "better"? 3000 or 6000k for product photography?

I am shooting with a Nikon 7200 ISO always at 100 and aperture is normally as high as possible to ensure the image is shown in the greatest detail A22-36. Thus far I am using daylight through large windows however it is inconsistent and time dependent and flash makes the images look cheap so we are looking at upgrading the options.

I am also aware that Ikan has the Lyra product line which is slightly below Aputure in CRI content and their line focuses on soft panel/diffused light panels, however with a bowens mount CRI etc, it would appear that the Aputure is a better long term investment with more features and options.

Any thoughts on this would be helpful,

Many Thanks,

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow