Lense Choice

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
chickensandpigslalala New Member • Posts: 1
Lense Choice

I sort of feel like an onion in a flower garden but with all of the experienced folks on this site I'm sure that I get some good advice.

I'm an older gent, and I don't get around the way I used to. I shoot most of my pictures out of doors. I have a Nikon D7100 with a few prime lenses but I'd like to buy an all around zoom, if there is such a thing.

I also own a point and shoot Nikon Coolpix S9100. They claim that the magnification scale is 25 X 450. I'm not sure if that's correct, but it is handy sometimes to have that range.

What lens would you folks suggest, that would give me range and clarity with or without a tripod, for animals, livestock, feathered friends and some landscape shots.

I'd like it not to break the bank or my arm, trying to hold it up.

One more thing. Is there any advantage in buying an FX lens for my DX body?

Probably took to much time to ask a simple question but I remember when Jail House Rock was a brand new song and some of us just like to talk.

Thanks

chichenandpigslalala

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D7100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow