Sony FE 12-24mm f/4 G Lens for travel

Started Oct 18, 2017 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Darren Pearson Regular Member • Posts: 272
Sony FE 12-24mm f/4 G Lens for travel

I purchased the new 12-24mm Sony ultra wide zoom just before embarking on a recent holiday and I though that it would be good to throw up a few photos showing how a lens this wide can come in handy.

I usually travel with only the Sony 35mm F2.8 prime (on A7R2) and I still believe that it is the best ultralight, single lens option for documenting travels when weight and size are the main concern. BUT the 12-24 reviewed so well, and is not too big/heavy so I decided to bring it along as my “plus one” on a short trip to Singapore.

Please note that all of these photos were taken while juggling a pair of toddlers with little patience for careful photography setup so don’t expect technical excellence in camera settings, sharpness or tripod setup

But they are a good idea of how wide 12mm is, and how useful it is on occasion when you need both ground level AND what is almost directly above you in the one shot.

-- hide signature --

Byron Bay, NSW, Australia
http://gallery.me.com/dp1975

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow