Low stand for Pro-10 / Pro-100 or similar printer?

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
NAwlins Contrarian Senior Member • Posts: 1,522
Low stand for Pro-10 / Pro-100 or similar printer?

Can you recommend a low, inexpensive stand that is just big enough, and is strong enough, to support a Canon Pro-10 or Pro-100 or similar printer? These printers are just over 27 inches wide and 15 inches deep, and weigh about 44 lbs. I want something that raises the printer just enough to provide about 5 or 6 inches of clearance underneath. I'd much prefer something with rubber feet, and not with wheels. I don't want something tall, nothing much over 12 inches tall.

Unfortunately I can't seem to find anything that looks like a great match. The closest I've come is the idea of using two of the Tripp-Lite MR1612 Universal Monitor Risers (http://www.tripplite.com/universal-monitor-riser~MR1612/), with the idea of turning them sideways so their 15.6 inch dimension would run front-to-back under the printer, and then spreading them apart by about 6 inches, so that one extended just outside each of the left and right edges of the printer. Although each stand would have a rated capacity of 40 lbs, and only need to support about 22 lbs of printer (half the weight on each), I'm a bit worried that because the weight would be so eccentric (i.e., not centered left and right), and the risers would be at their maximum height, it might not be super-stable. The available space is only a little wider than this, so centering one stand under each pair (left and right) of printer feet is not an option.

Surely there must be something inexpensive, sturdy, and readily available that's a better choice. What can you recommend or suggest? Thanks!

NAwlins Contrarian's gear list:NAwlins Contrarian's gear list
Canon PowerShot SD4000 IS Canon PowerShot SX230 HS Nikon Coolpix S30 Sony Alpha DSLR-A580 Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro +6 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow