Traveling to the Philippines, help with gear...

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Mikee
Mikee Senior Member • Posts: 1,994
Traveling to the Philippines, help with gear...

I'm debating on taking my a7rii or a9 - haven't decided yet but I'm wondering if I should buy an underwater housing for my a6500 which I plan to take for sure.

Originally I was just going to use my GoPro for underwater stuff, but now I'm feeling like I need a better camera because we're gonna be doing some cool stuff (canyoneering, whale sharks, private island tours, etc.)...

If anyone has experience traveling to the Philippines with their gear, I would appreciate your insight on what to bring and/or what not to bring?

Usually I don't have this problem traveling as 100% of the time, the gear is on me so I take what I want. But given there will be moments I'll need to leave my bag on a boat or something like that, I'm a little weary about how much gear to take with me.

Good thing is we're a group of 12 so everything we have booked so far is private.

Specifically, if anyone has traveled to El Nido, Cebu or Coron, would love to read about your experience with your gear there.

Mikee's gear list:Mikee's gear list
Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony Alpha a7R II Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Sony a6500 Sony a9 +6 more
Sony a6500 Sony a9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow