How to handle broken D810 purchased here?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ChicagoPhotographer1013 New Member • Posts: 11
How to handle broken D810 purchased here?

I purchased a D810 and 24-70mm from a member here on the forum using PayPal. The seller did not disclose that the camera is nonfunctional, in retrospect I should’ve known because of the lack of camera body photos and the odd description the seller provided for selling it. Because every photo taken by the camera is severely out of focus I took it to a Nikon service center. The service center tested the camera and provided a written list of items that need to be repaired/replaced on the camera. Initially the seller agreed to cover the repairs but now has requested the camera back. However they have requested the camera back before offering a refund.

My question is: I’ve already been taken advantage of once; how can I complete this exchange (camera for refund) without getting screwed over again (I’m new to purchasing equipment on forums)?

Nikon D810
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow