Yongnuo yn622-tx,yn-622n and yn568ex

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
David59 Junior Member • Posts: 48
Yongnuo yn622-tx,yn-622n and yn568ex

Tried to add this to the existing thread on yongnuo equipment but it refused stating it was too long, hence the new thread.
After reading this thread I decided to perform a little testing of my yongnuo equipment. Obviously the wrong thing to do as I am now totally puzzled. The test was performed as follows.
yn568ex fired into a softbox. Flashgun set on manual with 1/2 power and 50mm zoom triggered by rf603n ii hand held at metering position. Flashmeter gave f6.3 at iso 100. Transferred handheld rf603n ii to camera hotshoe and operated shutter with camera settings as per flashmeter. Resulting photo is correctly exposed. Replaced rf603n ii system with yn622n-tx and yn-622n transceiver. Set the transmitter on the group in use to manual mode 1/2 power and 50mm zoom, and the flashgun to ttl mode. Operated the shutter. The resulting photo was overexposed. To obtain the same exposure as when using the flashgun in manual mode I had to reduce the setting on the yn622n-tx to 1/8 power.
So according to the yn622n-tx with a setting of 1/2 power I was 2 stops overexposed. But when operating the flashgun on manual I was already at 1/2 power and 2 stops above this is beyond full power.
I have two yn568ex and several yn-622n transceivers and obtain the same result with any combination.
Can anyone give me a possible explanation as to what is happening.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow