Purchased 1DX Mark ii from Grey Market

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Mulvey
Mulvey New Member • Posts: 16
Purchased 1DX Mark ii from Grey Market

So I finally made the leap and purchased the Canon 1DX Mark ii.

For glass, lighting and other equipment I always buy local to support, but when it comes to cameras there is no way I am paying the inflated prices here in Ireland and the UK.

So I took the chance and purchased from a Hong Kong based website. E-Infin.com (E-Infinity)

In total I paid €4,250 ($5,000/£3,800) (free-shipping), as opposed to €6,000 in Irish stores.

_

Side Note: I researched quite a bit into all this before purchasing.

Here are some useful websites for checking before purchasing.

Register.com - This shows all registration/owner information behind a site, Very accurate as some sites will only show the website location, which web developers can fake.

Trustpilot.com - Review site to see other purchases.

Also check if the seller has an EBay shop as EBay have a very effective customer feedback system.

I also rang PayPal to insure i'm covered if the purchase doesn't work out..

_

The seller was responsive with emails, assured me they apply their own warranty (yes I know a pain if i need to send it back), camera parts have not been replaced and box accessories have not been replaced i.e batteries, charger, all genuine items. He insured that no import/tax fees will apply on receiving my package.

After(if) it arrives I am bringing the camera to an authorised canon dealership just to make sure the camera isn't a counterfeit.

I'll keep this post updated if anyone is interested.

Mulvey's gear list:Mulvey's gear list
Canon EOS 70D Canon EOS-1D X Mark II Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 16-35mm F4L IS USM
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow