Is the XF 10-24 supreme - or no better than Nikon 10-24?

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Anders_Nilsson Regular Member • Posts: 207
Is the XF 10-24 supreme - or no better than Nikon 10-24?

I start another question thread for the XF 10-24 to avoid cluttering up the XF 18-55 vs Sony 16-70 thread.

Anyway, I definitely need an UWA. The XF 10-24 has been tested by e g Ken Rockwell and Imaging Resources with stellar results. It seems everything is great and there is no distortion. Only negative seems to be price.

Now, the Nikon 10-24 also seems like a good choice. And the Sony 10-18 generally gets good reviews. Can anyone describe their experiences with either of these lenses?

The 10-24 would basically cover 80% of my photographic needs, with my NEX-6 and SEL55210 for detail shots but it is a stiff investment and I can get the Nikon plus a D3300 or D300S for the same money. Ok, an X-E2 would only add $400 or so.

Anders_Nilsson's gear list:Anders_Nilsson's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS4 Casio Exilim EX-10 Casio Exilim EX-100 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony Alpha a99 +9 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Fujifilm X-E2 Nikon D300S Nikon D3300 Sony Alpha NEX-6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow