My first go with an FZ330 Post Focus stack - 1 pic

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Mikedigi Forum Pro • Posts: 10,566
My first go with an FZ330 Post Focus stack - 1 pic

For the first time ever, I shot 3 clips of Post Focus with the FZ330 on f4 today, looked at the MP4 files in the EVF and selected between 5 and 8 of the little green rectangles and saved them as JPGs. There seemed to be 49 little rectangles to choose from and I worked from front to back. Helicon Filter stacked them nicely.

This pic is reduced to 50% size and is the deepest stack that I made, providing the greatest challenge to the Post Focus. This was 8 frames.

Seems to work OK, I just lose some resolution at 8MP obviously. But it is nice being able to shoot a very deep scene at f4 in about one second, handheld, and even the relatively cheap Helicon Filter app was able to handle the stacking.

This was tweaked in ACR-in-PSE15.

I deleted all the saved JPGs and the MP4 files - saves a lot of space - and just kept the stacks.

Mike

Mikedigi's gear list:Mikedigi's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F20 Zoom Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ50 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS7 Panasonic FZ1000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ300
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow