I think the G1X(3) will sell quite well

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
axlotl Senior Member • Posts: 1,783
I think the G1X(3) will sell quite well

Picture courtesy of camerasize.com

On the left G1X(3), middle EOS M5 +18-55 right EOS 80D + 18-55

The lenses are not exactly the same focal length. The G1X(3) has a 15-45mm, the other two are pictured with the 18-55.

Each of these three cameras uses the same (or very similar) sensor.

Each has the same imaging capability (assuming the lens on the G1X(3) is good).

Many ILC buyers put a kit lens on their camera and leave it there.

As a general purpose family occasions travel holiday camera the G1X(3) will have considerable appeal.

Those who might have been thinking about a DSLR or MILC can get the same picture quality in a much smaller package.

Those who might have been tempted by one of the "one inch" sensor offerings can get a camera with a larger sensor with very little increase in body size.  Whether this actually gets them any better picture quality remains to be seen.

There are plenty of selling points there for the G1X(3).

The initial price of the G1X(3) looks a bit steep but I guess supply and demand pressures will determine how that goes over the next year or so.

I share the disappointment of others on this forum about the small aperture of the lens. Even so,  this is the first Canon camera in which I have had any interest at all in the last eight years or so.

Andrew

Canon EOS 80D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow