Thoughts on multiple variants of RX10?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
dennis tennis Veteran Member • Posts: 3,778
Thoughts on multiple variants of RX10?

I think the RX10 mk4 is pretty awesome.  I have the RX10 "classic".  One day I will get another RX10 mk ?  but I got to thinking.  What if Sony releases different "all in one" zoom configurations all based on the same RX10 body but different zoom range?

Nikon announced but never delivered on their all in one 1" sensor bodies.  Each having a different zoom range.  I know that we have the RX100 and that is constrained to be pocketable hence the range is more limited in how many variations one can make sufficiently different to matter.

However, I can think for three variants for the RX10.  the 24-200, the 24-400, 24-600.  Ok, you can vary the 24 end a bit, 22-200.  Would anybody else be interested in having a choice such as these three?    For me, I would want to have the option of having an RX10 with built in ND filters, 22-200 if possible, 24-200 if need be but built in ND, 5 axis sensor plus OIS, fulling articulating touch screen.

I also own the FZ1000 and that camera goes out to 400 and I find that I rarely go beyond 200 when I'm bringing a super all in one along.  I appreciate the usefulness of a 24-600 if you're planning to own just one body or for logistical reasons, you're limited to one body, such as certain "safari" trips with very low overall weight limit.

-- hide signature --

refugee from the Nikon Df dial and grip police

Panasonic FZ1000 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow