New to me D80, frame count issue

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
gofishn48 New Member • Posts: 8
New to me D80, frame count issue

Newbie to the list but not photography. Started with Nikon and Pentax back in the 70's and migrated over the years to point and shoot and then digital bridge cameras. Previously I've turned to the list and usually found answers in the forums. Couldn't find anything on this subject though...

Recently purchased a pre-owned D80 with a Nikkor 18-135 in excellent physical condition (except the battery was dead and no charger.. I know that was my first mistake) Bought a charger and spare battery, charged both and placed new one in camera. Placed a 32G SD card in slot, used the menu to format the card. The frame count shows 8.2, and doesn't change when I take a photo, nor does the image show afterwards in the display, nor can I retrieve it. Tried the recharged Nikon battery, same outcome.

At the same time, I am receiving an err / clock flashing in the top display, although from info I've found on the forum, I believe the internal clock battery hopefully  may be charging now from the newly installed en-el3e. So far I only have $75 invested so if I need to get a new body that's ok, lesson learned.

Please forgive me if this is a dumb inquiry, just trying to get it started, and thanks for any help!

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D80
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow