X-T1 (with most recent FW) vs X-T2

Started 5 months ago | Questions thread
Flat view
S. Miller Contributing Member • Posts: 887
X-T1 (with most recent FW) vs X-T2

I love shooting with my X100F and am thinking about getting an X-T2 for various types of shooting (portraits, landscape, architecture, etc). Basically anything aside from sports (I'm covered there with my D500). I'd most likely end up with lenses like the 10-24/4 (or 16/1.4), 18-55/2.8-4, 50/2 or 56/1.2, 90/2, and maybe the 55-200 for lightweight travel.

I'll ease into the system so would probably start with just the 18-55 and either the 50 or 56. I like cameras with IBIS and understand that the X-T2s (or whatever it will be called) may have IBIS and may be available mid-2018. Your guess is as good (or better) than mine. In the interim, I figured I'd pick up a used X-T2 and lenses and dip my toes in the water without spending too much.

I typically avoid getting last gen tech in a camera but am now wondering if it makes sense to get an X-T1 instead of the X-T2 while waiting for a successor. I could probably save about $800 on the X-T1 vs the X-T2, which would easily pay for the 56/1.2 (used). It’s tough to keep track of what the X-T1 is now (after firmware updates) compared to the X-T2. I’m pretty sure about the obvious things:

1. 16 MP vs 24 MP
  2. Slower focusing (or at least fewer PD points) compared to the X-T2
  3. No focus joystick
  4. No 4k video (and weaker all around video) - this one doesn’t bother me
  5. One stop less performance for low light shooting? I shoot RAW and am comfortable at ISO 6400 on the X100F when needed (especially if converting to B&W).

Do you know if the following are in the X-T1 (again, with the most recent firmware)?

1. Classic Chrome? (I believe it is)
  2. Acros? (I think not)
  3. Waxy skin tones at ISO 3200 or higher? My old X100S had this but I don’t notice it in the X100F. Is the X-T1 like the X100S? (FYI, I use LR for PP)
  4. Did I miss any other key differences?

This question has not been answered yet.
Fujifilm X100F Fujifilm X100S Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm X-T2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow