New (to me) panorama-making technique! (from Moosehead Lake, Maine)

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Cynthia FarrWeinfeld
Cynthia FarrWeinfeld Veteran Member • Posts: 4,721
New (to me) panorama-making technique! (from Moosehead Lake, Maine)

So this panorama gave me the very devil of a time putting it together! I took it handheld, standing on a dock, at 85 mm, and Photoshop CC repeatedly told me I hadn't overlapped the images enough for them to have workable information. Error, error, error! So I finally hit on this fix: Align all the images manually in a white "new document" that you create. Then select ONLY the images you want to blend (not the white document) and do Edit > Auto-Blend and toggle both the options within the Panorama menu and let 'er rip! Then it may say there is an error of some sort, but I ignored that, and flattened it. There were jagged white sections on the top and bottom b/c obviously I am not too great at taking a 180 degree pano while standing on a moving dock without a tripod! Haha! So I used the Magic Wand Tool in the tool bar, clicked in the white area, and selected the Fill > Content-Aware Fill option and once again, let 'er rip! Voila! Make sure you click on it to see it larger. And you can see it much larger here: https://cfwphotography.smugmug.com/Portfolio/Landscape-Nature/Moosehead-Lake-Region/

These are a few of the other panoramas that PS CC "liked'"

This is one of the side docks off of Wilson's of Maine on Moosehead Lake.

This is my favorite from the whole trip, for panoramas. . .  Once again, handheld. . .

This one is kind of weird, TBH. . .  But the colors were beautiful, so I kept it. . .

Thanks for looking!  Cindy

-- hide signature --

Cindy Farr-Weinfeld, Maine Landscape Photography
CFW Photography
http://www.cfwphotography.smugmug.com

Cynthia FarrWeinfeld's gear list:Cynthia FarrWeinfeld's gear list
Pentax K-3 Pentax K-3 II Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 Pentax smc DA 12-24mm F4.0 ED AL (IF) HD Pentax D FA 645 Macro 90mm F2.8 ED AW SR +2 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow