Using External Flash and Shooting in Burst Mode

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Devarishi
Devarishi Regular Member • Posts: 108
Using External Flash and Shooting in Burst Mode

Hi,

I was shooting in burst mode as wanted to capture as many dance movements and quickly as possible.

However, I noticed that while quickly taking these shots, some shots got dark. The external flash was on all the while and there was no change in the camera or flash settings or direction. I was standing at the spot. I kept my index finger on the Shutter button and kept it down for shooting multiple shots in one go.

Image #1

You can easily observe that some shots in between are a bit dark and some are bright.

All these shots have the same EXIF data (except the image size for some):-

Image#2

All the images have the same ISO, Aperture, and Shutter settings. The external flash was also on and used.

The screens of the flash and the camera were looking like this one:

Image#3

The Shutter Speed shown in the Camera's screen in the image is 1/80 but it was 1/60 when I was taking the shots shown above. I have not changed the flash mode or settings or anything. Just switched them on to take this snap.

I am not sure how and why this happened. Maybe it is the speed of the flash not being in pace with the Shutter Release of the camera. But that sounds and looks weird to me.

Or I could be missing something else here.

Or is it okay?

I just tried to recreate the problem in my room a few minutes back using the same settings but not much difference do I see in the images.

This was not one instance. I can see many such instances from the last Sunday event that I was shooting in.

My DSLR is: Nikon D5300 DX

My Lens is: Nikkor AF-P 18-55mm DX

My Flash is: Godox V860 II-N for Nikon

Thanks,

Dev.

Nikon D5300
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow