Eye AF in AF-C and a "AF with shutter" to ON

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
PeterL6312
PeterL6312 Regular Member • Posts: 222
Eye AF in AF-C and a "AF with shutter" to ON

Hi,

There is a thread regarding BBF on A9 currently going on, had some thought to pop this question there since this is a kind of related question, but decided to create a new thread instead.

I have been using BBF for a while on DSLR and when I aquired an A9 with AF On button, it was natural to continue with that, having AEL mapped to EyeAF and "AF with shutter" to OFF, it seems a quick way to just fire with whatever focus my EyeAF currently has acquired. This has been very successful for me.

However since it's actually more and more seldom (especially with native lenses) where I  actually need BBF features, also on A9 it's no way to very quickly change to "AF with shutter" On, when handing over camera to others.  I'm kind of thinking it could be worth to relearn the muscle memory. But I'm afraid that it might be a less effective method when using eyeAF, where the shutter press will interfere with the eyeAF, since I then have AF with shutter to ON.

I've tried to test with both shutter half pressed meanwhile I press my custom button for EyeAF and also with only pressing EyeAF and then press shutter all the way at once, but my very simple test have not shown any difference

I'd like to ask you if anyone have more experience regarding this or even know how it's implemented, if it actually differs how you set "AF with shutter" when using eyeAF ?

Kind Rgds,

Peter

PeterL6312's gear list:PeterL6312's gear list
Sony a9 Sony FE 35mm F2.8 Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony FE 24-70mm F2.8 GM Sony FE 70-200mm F2.8 GM OSS +7 more
ANSWER:
Sony a9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow