Bullet Proof

Started 1 month ago | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
C0ug
C0ug New Member • Posts: 7
Bullet Proof

I purchased this one to replace an Olympus that has finally pooped the bed in some waves in the Dominican.

We have constantly punished this camera through winter ski trips, I cant count how many times I have crashed on the camera and it keeps taking pic's.

I use it for mountain biking had have had it bounce out of my pack on several occasions, I finally found a non technical carbine and attached it to my camera in place of the wrist strap so I can attach the camera to my bike, Pack or belt.  It's outstanding underwater as long as you do the knuckle drag through the menu to get it into the correct underwater mode.  I also use a silicone diving lubricant on the battery door each spring before fly fishing season starts.

The only thing I don't like is the menu system, a bit of a pain in the ass to navigate so I just leave it in intelligent auto, I don't think the pictures are as good but a minute in Photoshop and all is good.

Pros:

• handles the Canadian Cold
  • Handles being dropped and landed on
  • Great underwater

Cons:

• Menu system sucks ass
 C0ug's gear list:C0ug's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS4 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ +2 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS4 (Lumix DMC-FT4)
12 megapixels • 2.7 screen • 28 – 128 mm (4.6×)
Announced: Jan 31, 2012
C0ug's score
Average community score
bad for good for
Kids / pets
okay
Action / sports
okay
Landscapes / scenery
good
Portraits
mediocre
Low light (without flash)
mediocre
Flash photography (social)
good
Studio / still life
acceptable
= community average
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow