Out of box impressions so far

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
SaltLakeGuy
SaltLakeGuy Forum Pro • Posts: 13,589
Out of box impressions so far

Well my UPS guy showed up as scheduled this morning. I'll just give some initial out of the box impressions and head out back and shoot outdoors a bit and report back. But so far indoors alone, with not the best light I might add, man this focus system is like on steroids. I just had to check out the continuous focus mode with the Flexible spot medium box initially

Having the MkIII before this the MkIII was pretty fast in general on a static subject. Not having any kind of mechanical way of measuring all I can say is this focus system on the MkIV as compared to the MkIII feels like it's gone from fast to lock to INSTANT to lock, there is simply no delay nor hesitation whatsoever. As soon as you half press your shutter it's THERE no waiting. So I'll be looking forward to seeing now how it tracks moving subjects outside

Indeed I almost immediately noticed the now vastly increased area of the knurling they added around the ring to adjust aperture. Nice they listened to us and changed that. Now everywhere I grab on that ring is the right area Kudo's Sony,

Haven't messed with the focus limiter switch as yet. Obviously the menu has been tweaked from before so I'll have to dive more into that later to get it just how I like it. For some weird reason it almost seems as if the displayed picture is just a tiny bit MORE defined. I thought I read somewhere they did bump up the rez a speck. Seems to have made a tiny but to me noticeable difference. Most of the other switchgear is as I remembered it on the MkIII.  I'll be back a bit later hopefully with some pics to let you know how it's working so far.

-- hide signature --

A member of the "Been There Done That" club. Owned nearly every camera brand and type you can name along the way.

SaltLakeGuy's gear list:SaltLakeGuy's gear list
Sony RX10 IV Epson Stylus Pro 3880 +8 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow