Struggling with focus in bird mode and super challenging evf!

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ERead New Member • Posts: 1
Struggling with focus in bird mode and super challenging evf!

Hi Everyone

Been a lurker for quite a while, and hoping someone may have had the same issues and may help with with some advice. Novice shooter.  Picked this up just for birding (use for ID only, not expecting tack sharp pics).  Comment:  one MUST use a monpod with this if you want to use the zoom.

First - -this is a great camera as a carry-aound.  And, when one has some control over a shooting situation it does great.

My problems:

1.  The EVF and it's low quality shaky resolution (like an old TV from the 1970s)

2.  In birdwatching mode, actually finding a bird in a tree with foliage around in bright light is damn near impossible.  I'm beginning to think maybe bird mode is a gimmick that only works in certain situations, such as a bird sitting out on the open.

3.  Was recently out with four other birders, and everyone had either B700 or B900, and ALL complained about finding the bird in the viewfinder using birding mode when even a little zoom was employed.

I'm probably missing something and that's why I'm having trouble.  ANY advice would be greatly appreciated.

Elise

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon Coolpix B700
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow