Commlite CN-ENF-E1 review

Started Oct 2, 2017 | Discussions thread
armin304 Contributing Member • Posts: 570
Re: Commlite CN-ENF-E1 review

jarek leo wrote:

Thanks. It is for some new Nikon and Sigma lenses and unless you have one of those attached to the adapter, the camera refuses to upgrade the firmware.

Best

Jarek

armin304 wrote:

For what it's worth, I found in my inbox today, that FW 6 is now available for download:

http://www.commlite.com/en/down.php

The update of my adapter will have to wait until I'm back from my holidays.

I have done the update to 6 yesterday and found, that my old Sigma EX 24-70 f/2.8 DG HSM (not in the compatibility list) now works with the A7II, but the Nikon AF-S 70-200 f/2.8 VR I doesn't work anymore, which is no loss, since it was dead slow before. Other Sigma lenses, that now at least work partially and don't get the camera to crash like before are the EX 17-35 f/2.8-4 HSM (sometimes even with AF) and my first generation 50-500 (only MF).

With the old firmware 4, I was impressed, that I had no hick up of camera or adapter for the last 2 weeks during my holidays with the A7II, the AF-S 50mm f/1.8, the AF-S 70-200 f/4 VR and the old Sigma EX 20mm f/1.8. How FW 6 will do, I'll see in the next weeks.

armin304's gear list:armin304's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P900 Sony RX10 III Nikon D700 Samsung NX2000 Samsung NX30 +3 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow