Would you buy a camera in another colour ?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
Roger99 Forum Pro • Posts: 10,962
Re: Depends on the colour.

Aberaeron wrote:

Roger99 wrote:

Aberaeron wrote:

Roger99 wrote:

It's only a matter of time until cameras come with changeable "skins" like some other devices anyway I suspect. I don't think I would buy one though. No doubt the contents of that skin would be more limited as the marketing of the skin eclipsed the importance of everything else.

Fuji have marketed alternative skins and textures and colours for some models for years. Even offering a fitting service.

Not sure whether they still do so.

Have a look at their web site using the link below for an eye-opener.

https://www.fujifilm.eu/uk/news/article/fujifilm-uk-launches-x-signature-customised-designs

Say what you want about Fuji. They have made some very cool looking cameras lately (even in the real world outside of advertising.) I'm seriously thinking of getting myself one for X-Mas.

Discounting all their other virtues, they are very satisfying cameras to own and use, even without a green crocodile skin.

I suspected as much.  Back in the day Fuji film did half my colour work simply because I loved the qualities of it.  I personally preferred it over Kodachrome even.  It felt more accurate and clean even ignoring its lower price.  I've seen a few Fuji digitals around and apart from Leicas they are the only ones that engender a touch of rare envy in me.

-- hide signature --

The one serious conviction one should hold is that nothing should be taken too seriously.
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain an idea without necessarily accepting it". -Aristotle
If you don't want a world wide opinion don't put it on the World Wide Web. ..oh, and I see by the lack of responses that I am right yet again.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
YWG
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow