Buying from 3rd party vendors thru Amazon...

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
glasswave Forum Pro • Posts: 10,175
Buying from 3rd party vendors thru Amazon...

I am considering buying a $200 piece of kit through an Amazon Marketplace 3rd party that would cost me $300 through B&H or Newegg and is being sold for $200 w/free shipping to receive by 10/24 . It is listed as "new" condition.  The seller has 95% positive feedback on Amazon, but when I check  them out on resellerratings.com, they receive a dismal 1.15/10 on 114 reviews.

Do you think that Amazon has sufficient protections in place to help me deal with this if the seller pulls a fast one. I have plenty of time (don't really need the extra gear) and it won't put me out if I have to wait 30 days or more to get my money back. But what I don't want is some issue that take hours of time investment and ends up with nothing more than time spent and no product ever received or a product that arrives as a fake or in poor condition or getting stuck for return shipping.

The product comes in two boxes weighing 15 lbs each and about 18" x 16" x 14".

On their site they list the product as "open box." I don't mind an open box purchase if the repacking is in original container and all bit and bobs are included.

any advice is appreciated.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow