My first entry to Sigma world

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
L0n3Gr3yW0lf Forum Member • Posts: 82
My first entry to Sigma world

Hello, my birthday is coming up in just one week and I was thinking about trying something I found always intriguing. I always found images from Sigma's Foveon cameras so attractive and beautiful, all the contrast, colors, sky, and foliage rendition. I shoot mostly landscapes and my current camera is a Panasonic GX7 and has been very good for me. My first camera was a Pentax K200D a very long time ago and I got experience with DSLR and a slow one too.

I know there are lots of limitations to get out of a Sigma camera and I will have a lot to learn to get the best out of it, part of the reason why I don't want to invest too much in such an endeavor (before committing fully), so my question is:

Is a Sigma SD14 good (worth) camera to start a Foveon adventure?

It's the cheapest Foveon sensor camera I can find on eBay, around 200 £, the Sigma DP usually goes for more than 200£.

I would love a Sigma SD1 Merrill or even a Sigma SD Quattro but that's not attainable within my current plans and timeframe.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Pentax K200D Sigma sd Quattro Sigma SD1 Merrill Sigma SD14
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow