Olympus 12-100 stabilization sync question

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
MichaelInGC Contributing Member • Posts: 515
Olympus 12-100 stabilization sync question

I have been wrestling with the decision about which general zoom to buy - the Olympus 12-100 or the 14-150. I have just bought an UWA and either zoom, when paired with the UWA, will fill my general non-birding needs. The question has been which.

I have been tempted to buy the 12-100 based on the in-lens stabilization and its ability to synchronize with the in-camera IBIS. Olympus, in its advertising, says that this adds a great deal to the ability of the in-camera IBIS alone and I was wondering if it really does.

Is the difference in stabilization noticeable when using the 12-100 over using the 14-150? I realize that most people would not have both, so a direct comparison may not be possible, but for those who have the 12-100, do you notice much extra stabilization when shooting long over using lenses that do not have the in-lens stabilization? Perhaps some people have the 40-150 R and compare those two as it pertains to stabilization.

I just assume that the glass for the 12-100 is superior to the 14-150 and that the general images would also be superior, so I am concerned only about the stabilization right now.

MichaelInGC's gear list:MichaelInGC's gear list
Olympus E-M1 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 EZ +3 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow