A6000 worst ever battery drain while turned off.

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Ceistinne Senior Member • Posts: 1,293
A6000 worst ever battery drain while turned off.

I recently acquired a Sony A6000 camera and while the camera produces very good images it is the worst I have ever experienced regarding battery drainage. Power usage is ok while using the camera but of all the cameras I have ever used, and I have used many many different types, not even the most power hungry drained batteries while the cameras were turned off.

I have read various so called "cures" for this problem, e.g. turning on Airplane Mode and Monitor only, but, while they might help a little, they do not solve the problem.

I contacted Sony about this and while they acknowledge that it happens and that they take account of feedback, as far as I can interpret their reply, the only sure way of having a good battery is to remove it before putting the camera away.

Quote from Sony

"Moreover, since the battery is equipped inside the camera device, battery power capacity is consumed little by little, such as discharging, whenever you do not use the camera, after turning off the camera, we recommended that you should remove the battery for keeping in good conditions".

Surely they can come up with a better solution than that since I believe all the As including the A7 series suffer from the same battery drain problem while turned off.

NOT GOOD ENOUGH SONY.

Ceistinne's gear list:Ceistinne's gear list
Sigma SD1 Merrill Nikon Coolpix P7000 Sigma dp2 Quattro Nikon D700 Sigma SD9 +4 more
Sony a6000 Sony Alpha a7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow