Red Bull Air Race Photos - X-T2 w/100-400 and 1.4 TC

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
racin06 Contributing Member • Posts: 944
Red Bull Air Race Photos - X-T2 w/100-400 and 1.4 TC

Yesterday, I attended the Red Bull Air Race here in Indianapolis. I have to be honest, this was my first time shooting airplanes and I never anticipated the difficulty. It’s tough! I quickly learned it’s a balance of using a slow enough of a shutter speed to produce a blurry prop, yet fast enough to produce sharp photos. I primarily shot with 1/500 and 1/640 shutter speeds. The most difficult photos are when you are shooting while panning the camera to keep up with the airplane. No doubt, I shot some out-of-focus and soft photos; however, I my keeper rate increased as the day passed.  For the most part, the X-T2 continuous AF performed well and overall I’m pleased with how the photos turned out. Anyway, I'm having a blast with my X-T2!

racin06's gear list:racin06's gear list
Fujifilm X100F Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 50-140mm F2.8 +3 more
Fujifilm X-T2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow