X300 idea any good? What do you think?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
MichailK Junior Member • Posts: 31
X300 idea any good? What do you think?

Background:

I would love to get an X100F.

I love the form, the leaf shutter beauty, the great viewfinder.

However, my wallet says “no-can-do”, the X100F does not have any weather sealing which is big for me at that price and I would like to have a manual focus clutch directly driving the focus group instead of “by wire” when I choose so. And some form of added OIS would not be bad if possible. At least if the X100F had any weather sealing maybe I could convince my wallet to start collecting for a year till I could afford it...

But then... being locked to the single 35mm equiv. lens is nice for what the 100F is

BUT WHAT IF Fujifilm came out with the X300?

Idea !!

The X300 is exactly like the X100F but a little bigger, with weather sealing and originally provided with the 35mm equiv lens.

However, the X300 I propose has 4 interchangeable lenses NOT like the ones the focal plane shutter X-Pro2 uses!

Each X300 lens retains the weather sealing of the camera, has its own embedded leaf shutter, ND-filter and mechanical manual focus clutch along a couple of stops of OIS. And of course the camera provides the interpolating digital teleconverter for flexibility on-the-go. The X300 lenses lineup consists of a 22mm, a 35mm, a 55mm, an 80mm equivalent focal lengths. The optical viewfinder of the X300 has selectable double focal length, one for the wide lenses and one for the longer lenses.

So a camera and four lenses system with the form factor of the X100F, a little bigger but significally smaller than the X-Pro2 covering all the needs of the serious amateur who enjoys this form elegance. The price would be elevated but it would worth it - I would start saving yesterday if Fujifilm announced such a system!

I really fancy this dream idea of mine - how about you guys?

MichailK's gear list:MichailK's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R Sigma 19mm F2.8 DN | A Sigma 60mm F2.8 DN Art Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II +6 more
Fujifilm X100F Fujifilm X-Pro2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow