A few A7 II "quirks" I noticed...

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
RussKNY
RussKNY Junior Member • Posts: 25
A few A7 II "quirks" I noticed...

Hi all,

I noticed a few quirks on the A7 II today and wasn't sure if these are known issues or just the way the camera operates.

-When shooting with strobes I had WB set to Flash, yet for some reason every time the strobes fired, live view on the LCD would become very yellow (as though reacting to light color change) and then gradually return to its normal color. Live View Display -> Setting Effect was OFF. Has anyone noticed this behavior?

-While using the camera in Manual Focus with strobes and aperture at f/9 I noticed that there is a significant delay before a shot can be taken. Basically the iris is fully open when Live View Display -> Setting Effect is OFF. When I press the shutter button the iris closes to the appropriate aperture, which takes about half a second, then the shutter activates. Is this working as intended or am I missing something? This isn't an issue in AF, since the camera has to achieve focus before a shot can be taken, but in manual focus when I already have focus dialed in and just need to take several shots, this delay is quite a nuisance.

-Lastly, while reviewing images on the rear LCD I noticed that blue skies have very noticeable banding. When reviewing images on the computer this banding isn't present. Is that normal?

Thanks in advance!

RussKNY's gear list:RussKNY's gear list
Sony Alpha a7 II Zeiss Batis 85mm F1.8
Sony Alpha a7 II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow