Is a GM5 the answer?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
RobbieBear Regular Member • Posts: 202
Is a GM5 the answer?

Hi guys

I had a Panasonic GM1, but eventually sold it as I never came to terms with the rear control dial which I found infuriating (sorry Tom, I tried!)

I replaced it with an Oly E-PL7, mainly for the top dial and IBIS (I convinced myself that lack of IBIS on the GM1 was an issue when in reality it wasn't).

However, although I prefer the handling of the E-PL7 in many ways, I do miss things about the GM1 - namely the size, the build (feel) and the silent shutter.

Looking back at my images I got just as many keepers from the GM1 as I do from the E-PL7.

So, is a used GM5 the answer?

I rarely used the built in flash on the GM1 but I would also say that I had few problems composing from the screen.  My issues were all about the wheel.

I still have the Panasonic 12-32 and 35-100 tiny zooms.

What do you think?

Rob

RobbieBear's gear list:RobbieBear's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm F1.8 +7 more
Olympus E-PL7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow