Lens Upgrade for Nikon D90

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Phil86 New Member • Posts: 7
Lens Upgrade for Nikon D90

Hi Everyone,

I am new to the forum and looking for some suggestions for upgrading my kit lens.
Currently I have 18-55mm and a 55-200mm lens which came with the camera. I have started taking a photography course which I am really enjoying and looking so upgrade my lens.

I am wanting to get a better walk around lens. I mainly use it for taking photos of the family when we are out and about and some landscapes when we are out walking. We do a lot of skiing and I love getting shots of the mountains.

One suggestion I have been given is a 24-105mm lens. Reading online there is so much to choose from I don't know where to start. (one suggestion I found online as a starting lens was a Sigma 18-35 f1.8) I don't have the biggest of budgets so I want to make the right choice, I'm looking to spend 300/400. I'm looking at both new and second hand.

Another suggestion I have seen on a lot of websites is the "nifty 50". Is it worth having one of these in the bag when we go out on an evening. With bonfire night/ Winter around the corner is it worth getting one of these for shooting in low light.(As I said before my budget is only small but could add this to the Christmas list...)

Thanks for any tips and advise

Phil

Nikon D90
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow