Canon 70-200 l lens on an 80d

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Dslrphotography36
Dslrphotography36 Junior Member • Posts: 36
Canon 70-200 l lens on an 80d

Hey everyone!

This is my first time posting on here. I'm relatively new to photography, about 1 full year. But recently in the last few months I've become more passionate about my photography and I have been striving to do everything possible to get better. Lots of YouTube and forums! I have been shooting a lot of horses lately and I am forced to keep a fast shutter speed of at least 1/400 more if possible because if they move suddenly I can freeze them. I always shoot in broad daylight, whether that's sun or clouds. I hardly ever able to shoot in the mornings but do try to get golden hour in the evenings. I am always able to keep my shutter speed high enough with my kit lens 55-250stm. I also understand that gear doesn't make you better, it just helps make your photos better. I'm at the point now where I have taken magnificent photos even with just my kit lens, but I am also at the point where I feel that I understand enough about photography and know that glass is more important than the body( I love my 80d anyways) and I really want to upgrade my lens to get the most out of my 80d. I want to eventually one day make photography a part time profession and upgrade to full frame. I've had people ask for prints of some of my photos and I want to be able to provide the best! What are your thoughts of buying a FF LENS 70-200? I am mostly interested in buying the non-image stabilization because I can always shoot fast enough to avoid camera shake and I might even buy a monopod. but what are your thoughts on using the 70-200 on my 80d vs my 55-250? Will the image really be sharper on a crop? I really like the fact that its a faster constant aperture lens. What would your thoughts be on getting the f/4 now (which I can afford now) or what a few more months and save and get the 2.8? Would it be stupid to buy the f/4 use it a few months then sell it and upgrade? They have good resale??? Please share all thoughts, advice, and user experience you have had with any of the 70-200 lenses! I'm not sensitive so go ahead and tell me the truth

Canon EOS 80D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow