What the heck happened!

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
SRQPHOTOS Regular Member • Posts: 322
What the heck happened!

A couple of weeks ago I took my new 100-400G out for a spin with the 6500, and was very happy with my results. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get out until today. Now I am very unhappy. I can't figure out what the heck happened.

Most of the shots were very dark, as set by auto exposure on the camera. I generally had to crank up the exposure in post processing 2 - 3 stops to see much. And then, way too much noise. I presume that was caused by the huge underexposure when taking the shot. But why in the heck was the exposure so poor. Using auto iso, most shots were taken at 1600 ISO. Shots were taken on a clear morning in Florida - seemed to be plenty of light.

Focus seemed slower as well.

I have no filter on the lens that could be causing light to not be transmitted properly. But it seems like for some reason, light not getting to sensor properly?

Odd.

1/500, F 5.6 - ISO 1250

Plenty ofLight - why 1600 ISO, 1/125, F7.1?

Even at 400 ISO, seems like too much noise? 1.320, F5.6

PLENTY of light - so why ISO 1600? 1/400, F 10.

SRQPHOTOS's gear list:SRQPHOTOS's gear list
Sony a6000 Sony a6500 Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM Canon EF 50mm f/2.5 Macro Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS +2 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow