Sony A7r II: Is the camera suitable for family documentation?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
LightInHH Forum Member • Posts: 90
Sony A7r II: Is the camera suitable for family documentation?

Currently I am using my Canon M5 for traveling and landscape etc.

In the next month our family will grow and I want a full frame camera for family documentation. Years ago I already used Canon (6D) and Sony KB (A7 II). Both bodies were good.

The Canon DSLR full frame body was heavy and big and the autofocus (middle) was very good, even in low light. The Sony DSLM full frame body was better regarding the weight and worse at autofocus in low light.

I am thinking about the Sony A7r II for family documentation. But I am uncertain if the autofocus is sufficient for my documentation. Because the autofocus from my Canon M5 is not in all situation good and fast enough. Yesterday I wanted to focus in low light indoor, and the autofocus didn't find a point. And the autofocus of the Canon M5 is even newer.

The advantage of a DSLM full frame is, that the bodys are even smaller, not the lenses. So I think, I will take the body more often with me than a DSLR body for family documentation. But I think, the autofocus of a DSLR is faster and saver regarding photo capturing, especially in low light indoor.

I will use at most a 35mm f/1.4.

Any recommendation for my project?

Sony Alpha a7R II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow