Wide-angle lens distortions

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Fotoni Regular Member • Posts: 346
Wide-angle lens distortions

I like the idea of wide angle because that is closer the view I see compared to 50mm or higher. The problem is distortions especially at the edges and sometimes wide-angle panorama shooting is necessary. How stitching works with those distortions? What focal length is considered the widest, but same time distortions are as low as possible? Panorama shooting with 50mm is quite distortion free, but there is not always time to shoot tons of photos and moving things can be a problem too. I mostly do landscapes and town views and in extreme cases, 30-40 photos are needed to capture the view I want, but often something between 10-20 is enough. Those panoramas have plenty of resolution and maybe I could cut down the amount of photos with better camera and lens without losing too much resolution.

I was thinking a 35mm Sigma Art and FF camera so that even with panorama shooting I could keep the amount of photos under 10 per shot and extreme cases would need something like 20?

Fotoni's gear list:Fotoni's gear list
Canon PowerShot SD4000 IS Nikon D3200 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR II
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow